General terms for Musical entries. Please note these terms will be combined with specific-year or prize requirements as listed when the competition opens in Feb – see here. ENTRY FORM on guideline page
Who can enter? The Co-op Musical contest is open to all persons, groups or organisations. There are categories for age groups as relevant. Physical prizes are limited to delivery within Australia.
- How many entries can I/we submit?There is no limit to the number of individual songs that individuals, students or groups may enter.
Entrants may submit up to four songs/lyrics as desired in each category.
Entrants may also enter the same song or piece in more than one category.
- Groups or Organisation – If your entry is created by more than one person, you need to decide who will be the beneficiary if you win.
The royalty prize is ongoing (time span is listed per contest) and is payable to “one” place/person or organisation. All prizes will be awarded to the first entrant as it appears on the entry form, and division of prizes among artists is the responsibility of winners.
- Royalties – If you are a category winner, your piece will be managed by the Co-op for the listed timeframe. The winning piece will be placed in the Co-op library and rotated in the weekly music play.
There are royalties’ payable for winning pieces for: (a) – the music content and (b) – the lyric content.
- Musical Compositions – must be your own creations either individual or created as part of a class or group for the purpose of the competition.
- Entry submissions – are done online via the web portal at 4 Ballroom Dance (open when the Competition commences for the year) Submissions are initially MP3s
Winners may be asked to provide other performance options.
By entering, the Entrant agrees to be bound by all terms of the Official Rules And Regulations as established herein
It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that the submitted song(s) are complete and playable.
- Entry confirmation – is electronic once an entry has been received online. If for some reason you do not receive a confirmation, please contact us to ensure your entry is not missed. The 4 Ballroom Dance Co-op and its partners will not be held liable for any misplaced entries.
- Entries – remain with the Co-op and are not returned to entrants
*Entry fees – (a) $12 per song (b) $25 per “same-individual/entity” entering up to four songs, regardless of category spread)
*exemptions may apply per application request if relevant.
- Judging – By entering the 4 Ballroom Dance National music competition, entrants and/or their parents or legal guardian (if such entrant is a minor) agree to accept and be bound by the decisions of 4 Ballroom Dance Co-op and its judges which are final and binding in all matters.
- Screening – Entries are screened by a “listening panel” who select pieces. Judging takes place via the Co-op panel and a range of voting across the dance community.
- Winners – will be notified via the contact listed with each entry and posted online via the 4Ballroom Dance Co-op website.
- Entries – may be used for promotion or across the Co-op library or online stream in its original or altered form.
- Prizes – are listed per category and the current list is available when entries open. Category winners are notified and prizes must be collected or claimed within 30 days. Note some Sponsors may opt to post prizes
- Indemnity – Entrants agree to release, indemnify, and hold 4Ballroom Dance Co-op Ltd, its sponsors, and judges harmless for liability, damages, or claims for injury or loss to any person or property relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in the Music competition
- If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.